To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
Charles & Colvard is seeking a creative leader with vision, drive and a passion for mentoring creative teams. The Art Director role is the creative anchor within our in-house brand and content development team. They will lead creative development of core marketing initiatives and product launches, develop brand campaigns and graphic standards, and manage a team of designers, photographers and copywriters to assure that the creative campaigns are executed across all brand channels (print, digital and social). Ideally, they will have a refined eye for luxury design, and experience working within jewelry, fashion or luxury industries. They will play an active role in brainstorm sessions with cross-functional management teams and should be comfortable in presenting both creative concepts and rationale. This role requires strong management skills and ability to lead, develop and retain a growing team, set goals, and delegate responsibilities.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Develop, lead and manage the overall look and feel of the Charles & Colvard brand, owning the progression of voice/tone of all creative content.
- Manage all creative content development from start to finish and working with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure content is optimized for performance.
- Work closely with the overall Marketing team and IT department to ensure that web infrastructure supports brand messaging, content and product promotion goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-3 years of experience in an Art Director or Senior Designer role and 5+ years in creative/design field.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Project Management systems, MAC platform, etc.
- Strong self-starter with demonstrated experience in leading creative or design teams.
- Excellent conceptual skills and demonstrated experience in ideation through execution
- Demonstrated experience in luxury brand development and strong multi-channel execution.
- Proven track record of directing photography and videography.
- Proficiency in a variety of digital marketing tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of how content marketing, PR, email marketing and social media interact and bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities and will manage the creative team inclusive of graphic designers, photographers, videographers, content marketing and social media professionals.