To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing Charles & Colvard creative assets for a number of channels including digital ads, email marketing, social media posts, and print material for packaging and collateral. They will also be creating assets for our ecommerce website including feature banners, landing pages, style guides and blog posts. The Graphic Designer must be skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint and myriad other design and presentation software. The Graphic Designer is expected to be a knowledgeable internal resource on best practices for photo editing, typography, design concepts, usability and interactive design principles. But most importantly, they bring both graphic design talent and a willingness to design, and they learn through feedback and rapidly iterate on their pieces to help us build the Charles & Colvard brand.
- Responsible for projects from concept through implementation including graphic design for print, packaging, presentations and digital channels – from our website to digital ads to email.
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues, sales, IT, and other key stakeholders to capture design requirements and translate them into exciting design solutions that drive business results.
- Design for ongoing marketing channels including email, website, promotions, display/ affiliate marketing banners and seasonal content releases.
- Graphic design experience at other top online retailers or marketing agencies.
- 3+ years of digital design experience with a great online design portfolio of work.
- Expertise using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint and other design and presentation software.
- Elegant graphic, typography and design skills for print or interactive user experiences.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Understanding of the proper formatting when exporting any digital or printed assets or publishing.
- Ability to communicate thoroughly and appropriately with vendors/clients/coworkers.
- Being able to work independently while also following up to stay on track.
- The drive to learn more new programs and techniques for implementing great design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinking of creative solutions to issues, as they present themselves.
- Excellent time management skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree/BFA or its equivalent in Web Design.
- Prior online web design experience.
- Strong knowledge/background related to web creative and associated concepts.
- Knowledge/experience with the following programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Lightroom
- Knowledge/experience with the following programs (big plus): Ceros, Magento, Marketo, Html/Css, Wordpress, Mailchimp
- Knowledge or passion to work in gemstones and jewelry industry.
- This position will not have any supervisory responsibilities.