Senior Full Stack Developer
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer with a strong understanding of e-commerce. The role will work in a cross-functional capacity with various departments and external vendors to support and enhance our digital commerce and supporting platforms. The candidate should have experience in building highly scalable web applications from start to finish, including building synchronous and asynchronous user interfaces, designing data-structures, working with databases, and integrating with third-party APIs. We need a developer that can translate project requirements into clean and efficient code, deliver stable features, and maintain critical business systems.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Develop, test, and deploy features, optimizations, bug fixes, and integrations for the company’s e-commerce sites and supporting systems.
- Ability to write high-performance, scalable, reusable modern object-oriented code.
- Assist in identifying the root cause of problems; manage and resolve issues in a constantly changing environment.
- Provide insight and guidance concerning optimization opportunities and priorities for both back-end functionality and site performance for the UI experience.
- Adhere to, maintain, and support the digital style guide focusing on the definition of repeatable patterns and UI components.
- Work closely with project and product management for setting project priorities and scoping decisions.
- Provide level of effort estimates on various development tasks.
- Weekly planning, tracking, and reporting to management.
- Be available to provide after-hours and weekend coverage as needed.
- Excellent judgment, critical/analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code and a track record of delivering quality bug-free code on schedule.
- Personal interest in staying up to date on the latest trends and best practices.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities, and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- 3+ years of enterprise e-commerce platform experience e.g., Magento Enterprise 2.x, Shopify Plus, Shopify Headless, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Oracle, SAP Hybris, NetSuite, Commercetools, Elastic Path, or custom solutions, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with frontend frameworks e.g., React, Angular, Vue.js, jQuery.
- Experience in a high-traffic online, consumer-facing e-commerce business.
- Experience developing integrations with third party systems via RESTful webservices and APIs (JSON, XML).
- Experience working in an agile software development environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services products including EC2, S3, RDS, and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Strong adherence to web standards (W3C).
- Experience with user authentication methods, efficient client-server interactions, and internet security.
- Experience with modern CSS frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Experience in cross-browser development, responsive design, and mobile development best practices.
- Experience with MySQL, including designing efficient data-structures and queries.
- An impeccable eye for detail with the ability to translate UI/UX designs and style guides into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance for both desktop and mobile.
- Understanding the impacts of semantic markup and its effects on SEO.
- Experience with working in a distributed version control environment (Git/GitHub).
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, CRON, shell scripts, Apache, logs, package updating via YUM.
- Basic understanding of FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP/S, and SSH.
- Understanding of PCI compliance and methodologies.
- Comfortable with workflow and communication tools like JIRA and Slack.
- International site development including multi-language, multi-currency functionality.
- Experience in retail business or B2B with a focus on implementing and supporting e-commerce platforms, preferably in the jewelry or fashion industry.
- Experience with PWA (Progressive Web Apps).
- Experience in UI/UX best practices.
- Experience querying data with GraphQL.
- Working knowledge of microservice architecture.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment).
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience running local development environments including knowledge of Vagrant or Laravel Valet.
- Experience with performance testing, load testing, security testing, and automated testing.
- Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager – Enhanced E-commerce.
- Experience with Marketo, Klaviyo, MailChimp or other comparable marketing automation platforms.
- Experience working with Dynamics NAV ERP or another ERP/MES/WMS system.
- Business/functional analysis experience.
- BA/BS in IS, MIS, Computer Science, Web Development/Design, or related field (or equivalent experience)