Social Media Content Coordinator
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The ideal Social Media Content Coordinator will be responsible for creating and maintaining brand awareness through engaging, creative storytelling on all social channels. Successful candidates will have a history of creating compelling content and partnerships on social channels, a deep understanding of established and emerging social media platforms and trends and a strong sense of what works on social media. This person will be responsible for managing, growing and deepening engagement across a global follower base.
- Create and guide content for social media channels — including images, graphics, written posts and videos — that drive brand awareness, increase social followers, engagement with our audience and influencers, and generates sales.
- Create an active community with fans and influencers via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, the Charles & Colvard brand blog, Reddit and any other social channels that may arise that are a fit!
- Plan social content and maintain the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging – this includes written content as well as video/on-camera.
- Aid Customer Service with customer support – answering questions that come in online via social channels in a timely manner.
- Using Google Analytics and channel-specific analytics (I.E. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and other measurement tools to provide reports on follower growth, engagement and sales, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Think big and outside the box and partner across teams (including but not limited to: merchandising, sales, e-commerce and customer service) on new opportunities; finding ways to innovate and creatively leverage what’s new and culturally trending on social platforms.
- Champion and identify messaging, trends and new social technologies to ensure Charles & Colvard maintains a forward-looking approach to all social media efforts and programs – be the internal social media experts and guides on what types of content our audiences need and want.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 2+ years of work experience. Preferably at least 2-3 years of content marketing or storytelling experience on social media.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful social campaigns that directly drive revenue.
- Marketing and/or advertising agency experience preferred.
- Social media marketing experience for an e-commerce brand, fashion retailer and/or other fashion brand.
- Consumer-centric self-starter with a deep understanding of all major social media platforms.
- Ability to create, test and evaluate content for social and understand what drives the engagement.
- Strong eye and taste-level to create high-caliber social content.
- Strong social point-of-view, and ability to back up decisions with data, and reinforce our brand message.
- Superior understanding of social commerce and how social and site experience can integrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to work with a wide range of internal departments.
- Strong writing skills and ability to take high-quality social photos and video to create of-the-moment social content.
- Comfortability in front of and behind the camera for video and in the moment social content.
- Proficiency in a variety of social media tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of how content marketing, PR, e-mail marketing and social media interact and bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals.
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Capability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, PR, or related field.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Resume with References
- Links to personal and/or brand social media handles that you’ve managed
- A short video through Instagram DM about why you’re a brilliant candidate for this position! Tell us about yourself, what you love about social media and why you want to join our team (Please also download and attach a copy for offline viewing)