Junior Full Stack Developer
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard is leading a revolution in the jewelry industry by delivering a brilliant product at an extraordinary value, balanced with environmental and social responsibility -- because we believe that luxury can be both beautiful and conscientious. Charles & Colvard is the original creator of moissanite gemstones. The company was formed in 1995 after scientists developed the innovative process that creates moissanite crystals from a rare, naturally occurring mineral known as silicon carbide. This process elicits moissanite crystals with such purity, they rival any earthly gemstone for fire and brilliance – making it the world’s most brilliant gem. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Junior Full Stack Developer will be responsible for providing technical and friendly support and service to our internal teams. You will be the first point of contact in their support journey, working with internal teams (via phone, email and/or chat) to troubleshoot website issues, assist in site improvements, ticketing support, and ongoing business needs. You will have the opportunity to create an amazing support experience, and quickly adapt and grow with our team. In this role, you will leverage knowledge of website development techniques and technologies to primarily support high-trafficked ecommerce sites, as well as assist in various development tasks. This is an internal customer facing role, so strong written and verbal communication as well as a desire to help and provide timely resolution is essential.
With this position you can:
- Receive tickets and respond to maintaining SLA goals.
- Create user stories/tickets to be assigned to internal and external resources.
- Follow-up with the Project and Development teams on statuses.
- Monitor web application operation and performance.
- Preparing test data, testing web applications for accuracy and efficiency.
- Debugging code, troubleshooting difficulties with web applications.
What we are looking for:
- Are you or have you been involved with troubleshooting technical issues?
- Are you experienced with Magento or other ecommerce platforms and website development?
- Can you manage timelines and customer support needs properly?
- Are you able to handle multiple tasks and activities at one time and still maintain a high level of accuracy?
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal teams regarding incidents, tickets, and technical support regarding level 1 and 2 website, third-party or infrastructure issues.
- Assist in identifying the root cause of problems; manage and resolve issues in a constantly changing environment.
- Perform minor site updates, and content changes on websites as requested.
- Be available to provide after-hours and weekend coverage as needed.
- Ensure requestors follow proper procedure when submitting issues and provide feedback in a timely manner
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and work to establish a positive rapport.
- Assist our internal teams with technical, phone, and training support.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent judgment, critical/analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities, and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role supporting Magento, WordPress, Shopify, and other technical platforms.
- Knowledge of Linux command line, file system, permissions, CRON, shell scripts, Apache, logs, etc.
- Have used/familiar with FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP/S, and SSH.
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience with using project management and support ticketing systems such as Jira, Slack, Teams, Zendesk, etc.
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques for testing software and for debugging web applications.
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX best practices.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum.
- Basic knowledge of project management and development life cycle methodology.
- Proficient with Microsoft productivity suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote).
- Working knowledge of Magento 2.
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services products including EC2, S3, RDS, and Elastic Beanstalk).
- Experience with performance testing, load testing, security testing, and automated testing.
- Knowledge of coding standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Understanding of computer and network security principles, and best practices.
- AA/BA/BS in IS, MIS, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).