To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The ideal Copywriter is responsible for expressing the brand voice of Charles & Colvard across all external communications – from our brand marketing, to search results pages, to email marketing – and internal communications, including newsletters and corporate communications. This role is responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming conceptual ideas into words for product descriptions, articles, scripts, publications, blogs, website content, flyers, brochures and other projects as needed. The Copywriter will be the guidepost for all brand communications, ie/ social media posts and scripts for customer service. The ideal candidate will have strong experience developing and adhering to brand voice, have an inquisitive mind, be in constant pursuit of a deeper story, and understand the potential impact that strong copy can have with creative.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Writing clear, concise, grammatically correct, and “on brand” copy.
- Driving the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling messaging.
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target audiences.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed.
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice throughout all channels, utilizing purposeful content strategy.
- Execute projects efficiently and timely.
- Respond to feedback in a positive and timely manner.
- You are a creative writer who has successfully demonstrated a strong ability to connect with consumers and generate response.
- You have a ton of initiative and want a “seat at the table” in bringing our brand to life.
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver, who has a passion for creating original content and unique marketing offers through collaboration with a creative team of designers and marketers.
- You possess a proven ability to influence those around you with a clear vision for copywriting and dedication to excellence.
- You always start with the customer in mind and understand the powerful role messaging can play in successful brand awareness and an engaging purchase experience.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- You have a hands-on approach – no task too small, no deadline too tight, no customer too tough.
- You are knowledgeable of current fashion trends.
- Two years of experience as a copywriter/content writer for a brand.
- Experience in B2C marketing; B2B marketing experience as well is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
- Public relations and/or advertising agency experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize many tasks across various teams within the organization.
- Willingness to learn and expand his or her knowledge regarding the jewelry industry and marketplace.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Capability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands.
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides.
- Editorial experience in copywriting, proofreading, blogging and publishing is a plus.
- Proven ability to understand complex information and translate it into effective copy.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities