Director, Enterprise IT
Director, Enterprise IT
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard (Nasdaq: CTHR) believes luxury can be beautiful and conscientious. As an e-commerce-driven business, the Company uses innovative technology and sustainable practices to lead a revolution in the jewelry industry. As the original pioneer of lab-created moissanite, a rare gemstone formed from silicon carbide, Charles & Colvard delivers a brilliant product at a revolutionary value that meets the needs of today’s discerning customer. Jewelry consumers seek Charles & Colvard products because of their exceptional quality as well as their environmental and social responsibility. Charles & Colvard was founded in 1995 and is based in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.charlesandcolvard.com.
We are seeking an experienced, highly-skilled IT Director to join our innovative technology team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Enterprise Information Technology department and ensuring that our company’s technology is meeting its goals and objectives efficiently and reliably. You will work closely with senior leadership, users, and the technology team to help determine the best way possible to meet the technology needs of the company. This position is responsible for the strategy, planning, design, implementation, and support of the enterprise business applications and infrastructure. This includes developing the IT strategy in alignment with functional leaders and developing business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Director of Enterprise IT will provide strong leadership so that we can leverage our IT investments through greater efficiency and quality by using technology to drive greater effectiveness resulting in superior customer satisfaction and to achieve the key business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Enterprise IT operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manages change management processes associated with upgrades, maintenance, troubleshooting or installation of new business applications; includes coordinating with business units, impacted customers, and technical teams.
- Actively participates as a part of the department leadership team to develop long and short-term strategies, set and achieve measurable goals and objectives, and develop action plans with challenging but realistic deadlines.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
What we are looking for:
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Lead governance and automation efforts to minimize manual work and ensure transparency in all aspects of the IT infrastructure ecosystem.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- A passionate innovator and life-long learner eager to keep abreast of the fast-changing and dynamic technology industry.
- A strong desire to automate information delivery and reporting, especially about potential issues; ‘preventative maintenance’ is your byword.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals.
- Coordinate well between a variety of vendors and technical experts.
- Consistently practices risk management in all aspects of their work and takes cybersecurity security very seriously.
- Oversee provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and functional requirements for new technology implementations.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Oversees and maintains the organization’s digital security requirements and establishes and communicates best practices related to data security.
- Develops and maintains SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) related to IT and Security practices.
- Oversees and administers the technology portions of PCI and GDPR compliance, including coordination with external vendors, and internal business teams.
- Participates in budgeting process to ensure service agreements, equipment contracts and equipment contracts are budgeted for renewals.
- Evaluate prospective IT vendors and related products and services. Coordinate on-boarding, off-boarding, and coordination of impacts to user communities as applicable.
- Works closely with legal counsel internally, and externally to coordinate vendor on-boarding, off-boarding, contract negotiation, administration, and dispute resolution, both business and legal.
- Excellent judgment, critical/analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills. An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop short and long-term strategic business plans.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) that demonstrate understanding of complex technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to understand users and their needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities, and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A scientific mind: you know how experiment, measure against your hypothesis and then move forward with the best possible solution.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and server/PC operating systems, including network hardware, protocols, security and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development, aligning the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong understanding of computer and network security principles, and best practices.
- Exceptional detail and results orientation in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft productivity suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote)
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in IS, MIS, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 15+ years’ experience in the technology field.
- 3+ years working with cloud-based platforms (primarily AWS) in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with PCI, ITIL, SOX and GDPR compliance.