Email Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Specialist
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard is leading a revolution in the jewelry industry by delivering a brilliant product at an extraordinary value, balanced with environmental and social responsibility -- because we believe that luxury can be both beautiful and conscientious. Charles & Colvard is the original creator of moissanite gemstones. The company was formed in 1995 after scientists developed the innovative process that creates moissanite crystals from a rare, naturally occurring mineral known as silicon carbide. This process elicits moissanite crystals with such purity, they rival any earthly gemstone for fire and brilliance – making it the world’s most brilliant gem. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
Charles & Colvard is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist. Email is one of our primary communication channels and sales drivers, and we’re looking to take it to the next level. As a key member of the marketing team, this position is responsible for engaging consumers, driving revenue and building brand equity through the development and execution of email marketing, loyalty programs and other database-driven campaigns. A successful candidate ensures that day-to-day email and marketing automation operations stay on track and run like a well-oiled machine—while overseeing the reporting, analysis and technical systems for our digital, email and retention marketing programs.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Create and manage all database marketing programs
- Responsible for building, testing deploying and monitoring email (batch) marketing campaigns, end-to-end, including planning, targeting, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization
- Work with teams to build functional campaigns through email, marketing automation, CRM and other marketing systems
- Create reporting dashboards and custom reports analyzing campaign performance in order to provide actionable insights and bring forward ideas for continuous improvements
- Champion continuous advancement of our CRM features and capabilities including targeting and personalization in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Stay current with best practices, limitations, strategies, and industry standards related to database marketing
- Stay relevant on email related legislation (GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL), through partnership with internal compliance experts, solution providers and independent research
- Schedule and maintain email calendar
- Drive growth of the company’s loyalty database, repeat visits and revenue
- Foster support of Charles & Colvard’s corporate social responsibility initiatives, including philanthropic work, volunteerism, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage and to help cross functional areas of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of email and marketing automation experience with a minimum of 1- 2 years’ experience with marketing automation –using a marketing platform
- Proficient in email marketing automation programs (HubSpot, Marketo, Bronto, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) etc.), graphics programs (Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Strong aptitude for collaboration and relationship-building, both internally and externally, with outstanding communication skills
- Be able to manage multiple and competing demands/projects and delivering against aggressive goals
- Strong writing skills, ability to think strategically and exceptional attention to detail
- Understanding of retail-focused digital marketing strategies would be helpful
- Proven track record building and executing successful digital campaigns
- Understanding and working knowledge of CMS and HTML
- Strong analytical background with a knowledge of Google Analytics would be a plus
- Proficiency in a variety of digital marketing tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities