Human Resources Generalist
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing human resources related duties on a professional level. The Human Resources Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. The Human Resources Generalist provides administrative support to human resources functions as needed (e.g. generates correspondence, record-keeping, policy development).
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the developing compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees; update HRIS systems for employee changes in elections.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations and welcome announcements for all new employees; and writes and places advertisements by working with hiring managers and human resources director to develop job descriptions; performing background checks & Drug screen processes, creating offers, onboarding new hires including updating HRIS system for new hires/terminations and other changes.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Manage 401K vendor relationship.
- Responsible for Headcount reporting on a weekly basis and 401K reporting on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment including unemployment administration.
- Manage temp agencies relationships.
- Assist in salary and bonus planning.
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, etc.).
Executive Assistant Duties
- Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
- Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Microsoft Office Knowledge, strong Excel skills.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g., Paycor).
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations.
- Experience administering employee benefit plans, recruitment and compensation plans.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred or BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field/additional education in Human Resource Management.
- This position will not have any supervisory responsibilities.