International E-Commerce Specialist
International E-Commerce Specialist
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard (Nasdaq: CTHR) believes luxury can be beautiful and conscientious. As an e-commerce-driven business, the Company uses innovative technology and sustainable practices to lead a revolution in the jewelry industry. As the original pioneer of lab-created moissanite, a rare gemstone formed from silicon carbide, Charles & Colvard delivers a brilliant product at a revolutionary value that meets the needs of today’s discerning customer. Jewelry consumers seek Charles & Colvard products because of their exceptional quality as well as their environmental and social responsibility. Charles & Colvard was founded in 1995 and is based in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The International E-Commerce Specialist position supports the company’s international sales initiatives through cross border trade (CBT) via its direct to consumer e-commerce site, and through international marketplaces, like Amazon. This position will be a key resource in the management of daily e-commerce sales initiatives and will help define future growth in international markets. The qualified candidate will perform in-depth research and analysis of countries, cultures, and other market data to help shape merchandising, marketing and transactional requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee international e-commerce daily sales activity, ensuring orders, customer interactions, and problems are addressed expediently and correctly.
- Research each region’s local traditions, preferences, customs, and competitive landscapes in order to align, personalize, and optimize the consumer experience with the sales initiatives of the company.
- Pull and analyze data in order make insightful, strategic recommendations to optimize and increase our international business performance.
- Research and identify additional international market opportunities and make recommendations for expansion.
- Communicate with external international agencies to align business objectives including sales, marketing, customer interaction and fulfillment.
- Research and identify worldwide trends in jewelry and develop merchandising, promotions, and marketing communication for each market; share data and analysis with key company personnel.
- Interface with marketing and other personnel to recommend and monitor product data used in international marketing campaigns.
- Define and propose requirements for language translation, currency requirements, local customs, and marketing restrictions.
- Prepare product content and attribution requirements for specific countries and marketplaces.
- Research, monitor and set product pricing requirements, including fulfillment, duty, VAT, and tax requirements to ensure profitability goals are met in key markets.
- Optimize and personalize custom e-commerce experiences for international visitors.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures:
- Meet or exceed planned international revenue and margin targets.
- Coordinate with internal and external personnel to handle issues and solve problems in order to meet daily sales, fulfillment, and customer service KPIs.
- Maintain company’s high standards in site search, navigation, checkout, policies, and portals while meeting the needs of the international consumer; submit improvements as needed.
- Ensure quality control of international content including product information, pricing accuracy, and the transfer of data between software feeds.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including finance, legal, marketing, and sales to maintain regulatory compliance with customs, duties, taxes, fulfillment, and advertising.
- Knowledge in e-commerce, specifically direct to consumer sales via web site and marketplaces.
- Experience with product data management.
- Competencies in SEO/SEM and digital paid advertising.
- Experience with consumer/user experience (UX).
- Understanding of international e-commerce best practices, sales, merchandising, and marketing.
- Experience managing complex data, and meeting project deadlines.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to manage projects and articulate requirements and specs.
- Capable of identifying and finding creative solutions to problems.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Channel Advisor, Cross Border Trade, Amazon is desired.
- Proficiency in excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, or related field
- Experience with e-commerce and marketplace business management