Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard (Nasdaq: CTHR) believes luxury can be beautiful and conscientious. As an e-commerce-driven business, the Company uses innovative technology and sustainable practices to lead a revolution in the jewelry industry. As the original pioneer of lab-created moissanite, a rare gemstone formed from silicon carbide, Charles & Colvard delivers a brilliant product at a revolutionary value that meets the needs of today’s discerning customer. Jewelry consumers seek Charles & Colvard products because of their exceptional quality as well as their environmental and social responsibility. Charles & Colvard was founded in 1995 and is based in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing Charles & Colvard brand communications for a number of channels including digital ads, email marketing, social media posts, and print material for packaging and communication. They will also be creating assets for our ecommerce website including feature banners, landing pages and style guides. The Junior Graphic Designer is expected to be a knowledgeable internal resource on best practices for design concepts and principles. But most important, they bring both graphic design talent and a willingness to design, learn through feedback and rapidly iterate on their pieces to help us further the Charles & Colvard brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects from concept through implementation including graphic design for print, packaging, presentations and digital channels—from our website to digital ads to email.
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues, sales, IT and other key departments to capture design requirements and translate them into exciting design solutions.
- Design for ongoing marketing channels including email, website, promotions, display/affiliate marketing banners and seasonal content releases.
- Graphic design experience at other top online retailers or marketing agencies.
- 3+ years of web design experience with a great online design portfolio of work.
- Elegant graphic, typography and design skills for print or interactive user experiences.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment while effectively managing competing priorities.
- Understanding of the proper formatting when exporting any digital/printed assets or publishing.
- Ability to communicate thoroughly and appropriately with vendors/clients/coworkers.
- Being able to work independently while also following up to stay on track.
- The drive to learn more new programs and techniques for implementing great design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinking of creative solutions to issues, as they present themselves.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree/BFA or its equivalent in Web Design.
- Prior online web design experience.
- Strong knowledge/background related to web creative and associated concepts.
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge or passion to work in gemstones & jewelry industry.
- Able to create templates that coworkers can easily utilize without formal graphic training.