Merchandising & Virtual Concierge Manager
Merchandising & Virtual Concierge Manager
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard (Nasdaq: CTHR) believes luxury can be beautiful and conscientious. As an e-commerce-driven business, the Company uses innovative technology and sustainable practices to lead a revolution in the jewelry industry. As the original pioneer of lab-created moissanite, a rare gemstone formed from silicon carbide, Charles & Colvard delivers a brilliant product at a revolutionary value that meets the needs of today’s discerning customer. Jewelry consumers seek Charles & Colvard products because of their exceptional quality as well as their environmental and social responsibility. Charles & Colvard was founded in 1995 and is based in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Merchandising and Virtual Concierge Manager is responsible for the company’s merchandising and virtual online jewelry experience, bringing forward curated fine jewelry from concept to pilot, while developing a world class online personalized jewelry concierge service that supports Charles and Colvard’s direct to consumer initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for embodying C&C’s overall corporate strategy to become the leading lab created fine jewelry destination. We are looking for this individual to be the point of contact for all communications related to merchandising, product development and the virtual online jewelry experience. He/she will collaborate with the vendor community to design, develop and deliver corporate merchandising plans that support both C&C’s traditional and online segments, branding initiatives and distribution strategy.
He/she will demonstrate high competencies in interpreting data from historical sales, market trends and customer requests, and assimilating key data points into actionable strategies to achieve growth and overarching company objectives. He/she will also demonstrate strong communications, e-commerce and sales acumen to develop and manage our online direct to consumer jewelry concierge. This person will become Charles and Colvard’s first live concierge liaison and brand ambassador -- delivering an unparalleled, real-time personalized customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement current and future-state departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures related to merchandising and the online experience.
- Support the preparation, issuance and delivery of sales materials, exhibits and promotional programs for multiple sales channels.
- Analyze the fine jewelry market for jewelry trends and consumer behavior to develop product merchandising and communications strategies designed to meet market needs.
- Multi-task concurrent projects, communicate with the vendor community and manage data streams to deliver new concepts, designs and trends for multiple sales channels.
- Create plans for the introduction and promotion of new fine jewelry products based on the results of customer research and historical data.
- Research and develop strategies and plans to identify new marketing opportunities, and collaborate with key vendors to deliver new products and designs in support of key business objectives.
- Incorporate customer insights with current trends to establish timely and relevant product offerings to guide overall strategy for branded collections.
- Manage merchandising and communication strategy in support of sales initiatives with brick and mortar customers including sales quotes, assortment planning and support.
- Coordinate merchandise planning initiatives with the marketing department and executives.
- Ensure product lines are brought to market in a timely, relevant and profitable manner in accordance with holiday and forecast production calendars.
- Manage Bill of Material data integrity.
- Work with drop ship and ecommerce teams to curate merchandise.
- Oversee management and sample process from concept to pilot.
- Travel to trade shows for current vendor meetings, new vendor sourcing and product acquisition.
- Travel domestically and internationally as the business requires; some trade show attendance will be in concert with and in support of Wholesale Division and/or Traditional sales requirements.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors and distributors.
- Support, execute and deliver all goods and services for tradeshow initiatives.
- Proven track record of developing internal relationships, building passion for product categories, as well as building lean, hands-on approach to market.
- Comfortable building and delivering presentations to support company initiatives.
- Experience building and managing channel partnerships.
- Ability to influence using strong-but-collaborative interpersonal and communication skills, especially when interacting with executive leaders and virtual consumers.
- Ability to develop healthy working relationships quickly, build consensus and influence across sales, marketing and operations teams.
- Able to balance brand, growth and profitability effectively.
- Ability to set strategy and deliver to successful execution.
- Self-motivated, self-directed team player.
- Prior experience in gemstone jewelry industry (strongly preferred).
- Prior experience in a multi-channel selling organization a plus; prior e-commerce expertise a significant plus.
- Prior direct-to-consumer ecommerce experience a plus.
- Relationships with distribution channels, manufacturers and retailers a plus.
- On-air hosting, influencing sales a significant plus.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Revenue-oriented professional with track record of working closely with sales and account management to hit target revenue numbers.
- Experience in planning merchandising assortments, marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations efforts.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including travel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Fashion and Merchandising, Communications or Broadcast journalism. Sales and Marketing experience a plus.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the merchandising team.
Travel: This position requires 20% Travel – International & Domestic