To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com" class="active">www.charlesandcolvard.com.
Charles & Colvard is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated photographer with a minimum of 1 year of experience. Successful candidates must have jewelry and small product lighting, image capture, photography, design, retouching, styling and database management skills. This individual must be able to work in an energetic and fast-paced environment. The photographer will work closely with the creative team to style, photograph and produce images for our website, print and digital advertisements, social media and more. This is an extremely hands-on position. The candidate must have the ability to see a project through from start to finish. This role requires strong studio and on-location photography, retouching, and graphic design skills. Strong proficiencies as a jewelry photographer with fine-tuned lighting skills and raw workflow practices are also necessary. Videography and video editing skills are a plus.
- Conception, production, and execution of studio (product) photos and on-set (product on figure) photos
- Work closely with the broader creative team, to define the artistic direction and overall look and feel for each marketing campaign
- Maintain proper file naming convention for organization’s image database
- Monitor image capture process and raw workflow to ensure all images are captured properly
- Help communicate with Marketing, IT, and Merchandising to facilitate proper workflow among teams
- Raw conversion to deliverable file formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in photography/multi-media with at least 1-3 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of data back-up principals
- Web and Print design experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in RAW file types and color management workflow
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work closely with others and work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure focusing on detail, compliance with Company standards and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without compromising the quality and integrity of the project
- Ability to create, test and evaluate content for social and understand what drives the engagement.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow set processes
- Proficient in Photoshop with advanced working knowledge and experience processing from RAW to PSD, TIF, JPG, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of color profiling
- Must have a solid understanding of color, color space, color corrections, color conversions within a wide array of photo processes
- Daily management of image archives
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, creative color, layout and photo composition a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with our in-house marketing team throughout the entirety of the project
- Light video editing skills are a plus