Quality Control Supervisor - Gemstones
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Quality Control Specialist - Gemstones is required to count, inspect, process and grade Moissanite Gemstones in accordance with established Charles & Colvard, Ltd. standards.
With this position you can:
Acquire valuable grading skills and familiarize yourself with the world’s most brilliant gemstone, moissanite!
What we are looking for:
A self-motivated, multi-tasker, ready to increase production levels of our moissanite gemstones accurately and efficiently.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Responsible for stone processing
- Reconcile incoming shipments of finished stones and verify quantity, shape and size
- Clean all stones using established cleaning process
- Inspect & grade incoming raw material as needed
- Maintain equipment & supplies as needed
- Maintain & upgrade procedures as needed
- Assist with filing, monthly cycle counts and year-end inventory
- Perform specific gravity testing for verification
- Sieve and weigh melee stones
- Maintain acceptable accuracy and speed in grading process
- Notifies management of any irregularities or unusual appearing moissanite
- This position will be required as a job function to go through a metal detector before entering and after exiting the PC area
- Adapts to changing priorities and organizational needs
- Good color perception
- Detail oriented with good decision-making skills
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction
- Jewelry & gemstone experience preferred
- 1-2 years of Gemstone and/or jewelry experience
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Excel and Navision)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and stay on task
- GIA certification or equivalent education and/or experience preferred