Retail Store Manager
Charles & Colvard is excited to announce the opening of a brick-and-mortar showroom and is currently seeking a Retail Store Manager with fine jewelry or luxury sales experience to lead the retail store team. We are looking for a driven individual to promote a great work environment and produce results. At Charles & Colvard, the Store Manager will be motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. The Store Manager will analyze week to date, period to date, and year to date sales, and develop action plans to drive sales. Other responsibilities include ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and customer experience is positive to maximize profitability. The position assists in the recruiting and hiring process to always ensure proper staffing, effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance. Required to have prior management retail experience preferably in fine jewelry or luxury sales, have a flexible work schedule and the availability to work extended hours for holidays and special events.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Keyholder for retail store opening and closing
- Merchandising and Retail Operating Standards
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in order to best serve and educate our customers
- Establish processes and tools to effectively analyze overall effectiveness of current processes, and track feedback from team members, customers, and executive team to generate improvements in future projects and initiatives
- Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Embraces Charles & Colvard’s core culture
- Ensures weekly schedules are prepared to provide proper floor coverage within guidelines; reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation for accuracy before submitting by required time
- Processes accurate and efficient sale and return transactions
- Models’ sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customers’ needs and desires
- Creates an inviting environment for customers by maintaining a neat and clean store
- Adheres to all company policies procedures & safety standards
- Able to multitask on assorted merchandising and sales responsibilities
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers.
- Utilizes company tools to diagnose opportunities and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Forecasts/reforecasts business, focusing on productivity to goals.
- Regularly communicates with associates to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Partner with marketing team to increase sales, drive/promote merchandise categories, and expand markets
- Identifies training needs and providing ongoing training opportunities to the team as needed.
- Ensures company standards are always met for store and associate appearance.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all Merchandising direction, replenishments, and sales promotions in a timely manner.
- Ensures all pricing, signage, and displays are always correct.
- Be an ambassador for Charles & Colvard at all times
- Performs all duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic Skills required:
- 5+ years previous retail management experience
- High School diploma and equivalent work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in fine jewelry sales highly desired
- Able to engage and speak to customers
- Proven ability to identify talent and develop talent and influence a positive team atmosphere
- Lead by example
- Able to work a flexible schedule and hours
- Able to make sound decisions, take action, and achieve results
- Learns the Charles & Colvard culture and lives the “Brand”
- Computer skills
- Ability to provide clear and concise direction to others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com