Senior NAV/Business Central Developer
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Charles & Colvard lives by the idea that fine jewelry can be accessible, beautiful and conscientious. We are the original creators of Forever On moissanite and the exclusive source for Caydia lab grown diamonds. Our mission is to redefine real within the jewelry industry, for our customers and for the world. We use only the best quality lab created gems – Forever One moissanite and Caydia lab grown diamonds – all set in responsibly sourced precious metals. More than 25 years ago, we introduced gemstone quality moissanite to the world, providing an ethically sourced, extremely brilliant white gemstone that is both beautiful and affordable. Since then, we’ve perfected the process of creating moissanite gemstones, culminating with the launch of Forever One – the world’s most brilliant gem. Grown using a patented process, the quality of Forever One is superior to that of other moissanite brands. As a leader in lab grown gemstone innovation, we introduced Caydia lab diamonds offering our customers a choice in premium created gems. Caydia is a specially curated assortment of premium lab grown diamonds exclusively available from Charles & Colvard. These exquisite gems are hand selected by our certified gemologists to meet our uncompromising standards – standards that are reflected in the impeccable craftmanship of each piece of jewelry we create. www.charlesandcolvard.com.
The Sr. Dynamics NAV/BC/365 Developer will develop, iterate, upgrade, and maintain our Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP platform. This position will be responsible for working with management to document requirements in a structured, change management environment, while testing and implementing changes. You should be able to understand complex business processes and create efficient, optimized solutions, utilizing best practices and accounting concepts regarding financial management, accounting, sales, inventory, distribution/warehousing, supply chain/procurement, manufacturing and direct to consumer ecommerce. The position is closely tied with process improvement and integration development and will work cross-functionally with other areas of the business to coordinate processes and create effective solutions within NAV.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Maintain day-to-day NAV operations, supporting end users and troubleshooting errors.
- Act as the main point of contact for ERP operations both internally and with NAV partners.
- Manage integrations/EDI operations and work with key personnel on EDI mapping and integration processes.
- Analyze, document, and suggest system enhancements through communication with process users and technical staff.
- Maintain and enhance end-user documentation and training materials.
- Determine, identify, and clarify project expectations, completion timeframes and deadlines.
- Work closely with technical staff to define and document user requirements and business/functional specifications.
- Able to work with both technical, and non-technical user communities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute competing tasks.
- Proven ability to learn new business processes or applications very quickly.
- Adaptability to rapidly evolving business needs and competing priorities.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- 8+ years of hands-on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 development and configuration.
- 4+ years of hands-on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013+ development and configuration.
- NAV C/Side, C/AL coding, reports, forms, tables, code units, and data/XML ports.
- Proven experience working with Lanham Associates modules for NAV, e.g., ACE Warehousing, E-Ship, E-Receive and EDI.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Distribution and/or Warehouse aspects of NAV.
- Experience with EDI configuration, processing, and mapping within NAV.
- Full life-cycle NAV implementation, upgrading, configuration, support, training, and documentation.
- Business process analysis, design, and optimization experience.
- Experience working with change management systems and processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft productivity suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Proficiency in workflow diagramming with an ability to visually describe and annotate business processes and flows.
- Experience working with Dynamics NAV in a manufacturing, supply chain, ecommerce and omni-channel environment with retail or jewelry product focus a plus.
- NAV 2018 / Dynamics Business Central 365
- T-SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, Jet Reports, Power BI, .NET development, XML, Web Services.
- Experience with Accounting and GAAP compliance requirements.
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and forecasting systems.
- Implementing NAV in an international, multi-language/currency environment.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV certifications.
- PMP, CPIM, CSCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma.
- Experience with Product Information Management (PIM) and Master Data Management (MDM) Systems.
- BA/BS degree in IT, computer science or equivalent work experience.