To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles & Colvard (Nasdaq: CTHR) believes luxury can be beautiful and conscientious. As an e-commerce-driven business, the Company uses innovative technology and sustainable practices to lead a revolution in the jewelry industry. As the original pioneer of lab-created moissanite, a rare gemstone formed from silicon carbide, Charles & Colvard delivers a brilliant product at a revolutionary value that meets the needs of today’s discerning customer. Jewelry consumers seek Charles & Colvard products because of their exceptional quality as well as their environmental and social responsibility. Charles & Colvard was founded in 1995 and is based in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.charlesandcolvard.com.
This Staff Accountant position is an integral part of the Company's internal controls and financial reporting processes. This position is responsible for the accurate maintenance and reporting of financial data, including the performance of a range of accounting tasks related to the accounts payable function. This position is responsible for the processing of hourly and salaried payroll as well as for the timely and accurate filing of the Company’s sales and use tax returns in all fifty states and the District of Columbia. The finance department supports the Company’s wholesale, e-commerce, operations, marketing, information technology, and general and administration units. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
With this position you can:
- Leverage exceptional academic knowledge, accounting skills and professional experience to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Be provided the opportunity to advance one’s own professional and personal growth.
- Cultivate positive relationships with co-workers, clients, customers and vendors through effective communications skills.
What we are looking for:
- An energetic accounting professional seeking a position with a growth-oriented international manufacturing and e-commerce organization.
- Possessing strong problem-solving skills to achieve results-oriented solutions.
- Possesses proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- Enjoys working with others in a positive team environment and being a team player.
- Places client and customer/vendor service high on the list of job duties and responsibilities.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Completes vendor payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to general ledger balances; recording appropriate entries and adjusting journal entries.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Verifying vendor federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding credit memos.
- Receiving and verifying employee expense reports and requests for advances.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records and timely filing of all vendor payment tax forms, including Forms 1099.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices; timely and accurately filing of all underlying state sales and use tax returns.
- Prepares and processes biweekly payroll for all hourly and salaried employees; prepares all required federal state employment and payroll related forms, including Forms W-2 and Forms 1099.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (Advanced abilities) and PowerPoint.
- Exhibits resourcefulness, and is self-motivated with ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management throughout Company’s organization
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain high ethical standards
- Possess strong organization skills and be known as a team-player, with a customer-centric attitude
- Able to handle supervisory responsibility if necessary.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA (or CPA candidate) desired, but not required.
- Relevant work experience in accounting (focus on accounts payable and sales & use tax), public accounting experience a plus
- U.S. GAAP knowledge
- Experience working with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Navision desired, but not required)