Discover a world of opportunities here at Charles and Colvard. Apply today!
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to email@example.com
The Bench Jeweler is responsible for performing jewelry repair and setting in our facility. The Bench Jeweler should be highly skilled, quality oriented and motivated to produce the finest product for our customers.
With this position you can
Help to ensure we maintain the highest quality of goods and provide our customers with a positive experience each time they purchase from us.
What we are looking for
Independent individual with the ability to make decisions and work in a high-volume environment.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Evaluate jewelry brought to the jeweler’s area and use own judgement to make necessary repairs based upon written instructions.
- Refurbishment stock jewelry to be as close to like new condition as well as meet the plating requirements of the original piece so that can be put into inventory.
- Assembling of components to create a completed piece for stock replenishment.
- Select the proper finding or stone that is needed for the item to be repaired.
- All Jewelry work must be completed in a timely manner based on the shop’s date placed on the repair sleeve.
- Ability to use various hand and powered tools to cut, grind and polish metal.
- Use of liquid solutions for cleaning/plating metal and stones.
- Ability to work near open flame and heated surfaces/solutions
- Keep the shop’s equipment in proper working order, if something brakes down notify the supervisor so that it can be repaired or replaced right away.
- Maintain the shop area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Inspect shop area for any merchandise or stones and secure in safe at the end of every workday.
- Adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Provide management with a list of any supplies (melt, hand tools etc.) when it is needed for the shop.
- This position will be required as a job function to go through a metal detector before entering and after exiting the PC area.
- Precious Metal Scrap Collection: All precious metal scrap from finding, fillings, polishing compound etc. most be collected and held until a melt date has provided been by the PC supervisor.
- Inventory: Physical inventory of the merchandise in the jeweler’s location, this will be regularly scheduled event.
- Team Service: Assist staff with questions and concerns from customers relating to jewelry repair, stone setting, care of the jewelry etc
Expertise in the following areas
- Expertise using Soldering torch and Iron-Enlargers
- Ring Sizing
- Stone Setting and Tightening of Prong, Channel, Pave and Bezel
- Chain, Bracelet, Clasp Repair and Adjustments
- Prong Retipping, Prong Replacement, Rebuild Channels
- Mounting Assembly
- Modify Mountings
- Electro Plating
- Inside Ring Stamping
Discover a world of opportunities here at Charles and Colvard. Apply today! firstname.lastname@example.org