Social Media Brand Strategist
The ideal Social Media Content Strategist will be someone that can successfully convey their passion for the Charles & Colvard brand into creating and maintaining brand awareness through engaging, creative storytelling on all social channels. Successful candidates will also have a history of creating compelling content and partnerships on social channels, a deep understanding of established and emerging social media platforms and trends and a strong sense of what works on social media. This person will be responsible for managing, growing, and deepening engagement across a global follower base to include our retail store and websites.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Create and guide content for the retail store, websites, and social media channels — including images, graphics, written posts and videos — that drive brand awareness, increase social followers, engagement with our audience and influencers, and generates sales.
- Create an active community with fans and influencers via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, the Charles & Colvard brand blog, Reddit and any other social channels that may arise that are a fit!
- Build and execute social content strategy that aligns with brand marketing goals, product initiatives, and consumer/community growth
- Plan social content and maintain the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging – this includes written content as well as video/on-camera.
- Aid Customer Service with customer support – answering questions that come in online via social channels in a timely manner.
- Using Google Analytics and channel-specific analytics (I.E. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and other measurement tools to provide reports on follower growth, engagement, and sales, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Think big and outside the box and partner across teams (including but not limited to: merchandising, sales, e-commerce and customer service) on new opportunities; finding ways to innovate and creatively leverage what’s new and culturally trending on social platforms.
- Ensure consistent content across all social media channels, charlesandcolvard.com, moissaniteoutlet.com and in our retail store.
- Champion and identify messaging, trends, and new social technologies to ensure Charles & Colvard maintains a forward-looking approach to all social media efforts and programs – be the internal social media experts and guides on what types of content our audiences need and want.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic Skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, PR, or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience working in social content strategy
- 2+ years’ experience working with an ecommerce and retail brand
- Experience working with fine jewelry or luxury brands highly desired
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful social campaigns that directly drive revenue.
- Demonstrated understanding of all major social media platforms.
- Strong eye and taste-level to create high-caliber social content.
- Strong social point-of-view, and ability to back up decisions with data, and reinforce our brand message.
- Superior understanding of social commerce and how social and site experience can integrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to work with a wide range of internal departments.
- Strong writing skills and ability to take high-quality social photos and video to create of-the-moment social content.
- Comfortability in front of and behind the camera for video and in the moment social content.
- Proficiency in a variety of social media tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of how content marketing, PR, e-mail marketing and social media interact and bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals.
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Capability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands.
- Marketing and/or advertising agency experience required.
- Ability to create, test and evaluate content for social and understand what drives the engagement.
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org