Charles & Colvard is seeking a creative leader with vision, drive, and a passion for mentoring creative teams. The Art Director role is the creative anchor within our in-house brand and content development team. They will lead creative development of core marketing initiatives and product launches, develop brand campaigns and graphic standards, and work closely with the Director of Creative Services and a team of designers, photographers, and copywriters to ensure that the creative campaigns are executed across all brand channels (print, digital and social). Ideally, they will have a refined eye for luxury design, and experience working within jewelry, fashion, or luxury industries. They will play an active role in brainstorm sessions with cross-functional management teams and should be comfortable in presenting both creative concepts and rationale. This role requires strong management skills and ability to lead, develop and retain a growing team, set goals, and delegate responsibilities.
This position is an onsite/in office role.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop, lead, and manage the overall look and feel of the Charles & Colvard brand, owning the progression of voice/tone of all creative content
- Manage all creative content development from start to finish and work closely with the web team to ensure content is optimized for performance
- Work closely with the overall marketing team and IT department to ensure that web infrastructure supports brand messaging, content, and product promotion goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic Skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience in an Art Director or Senior Designer role and 6+ years in creative/design field with emphasis on ecommerce
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Project Management systems, MAC platform, etc.
- Strong self-starter with demonstrated experience in developing brand identity and messaging
- Demonstrated experience in luxury brand development and strong multi-channel execution
- Proven track record of directing photography and videography
- Proficiency in a variety of digital marketing tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Understanding of how content marketing, PR, email marketing and social media interact and bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals
This position has supervisory responsibilities and will manage the creative team inclusive of graphic designers, photographers, and videographers.
To be considered for this position please email your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org